The external auditor has not yet completed the external audit for 2021-22. The interim report can be found here.
Information about this website
This accessibility statement applies to www.canewdonparishcouncil.gov.uk and is run by Canewdon Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, this means that you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Many Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word and spreadsheets are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- There is a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘Contact us’ page, which is provided by a third party (Google)
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format, like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
Telephone: 07596 747873
We will consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility issues with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us using the contact:
Kelly Holland (Clerk to the Council)
Call: 07596 747873
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Contact Kelly Holland (Clerk)
PO Box 6126
Tel: 07596 747873
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Canewdon Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website framework is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. Some content is partially compliant, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be marked up so they are accessible to a screen reader.
- Content produced by third parties or using third party software.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information.
- Some older PDFs and Word documents may not be fully compliant with the regulations.
- Some externally supplied, interactive PDFs may not be fully compliant. The Council has no control over these documents.
At the present time, we have not identified any specific issues that would be a disproportionate burden.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with financial information.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix Minutes prior to January 2018.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in September 2022. Tests were carried out by both internal systems and our website provider, Aubergine 262.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We will provide staff training to ensure that all new content added meets accessibility criteria. We also run monthly and quarterly reports to identify and address accessibility issues.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 11 November 2020. It was last reviewed on 16 March 2021.